From the Haunted Waters Press Submissions Page:
Penny Fiction: A Flash Fiction Writing Competition
Media: Online/Electronic/Digital (Print issues forthcoming.)
Publication Date: Summer 2012 issue of From the Depths
Deadline: Monday, May 28, 2012
Haunted Waters Press editor, Penny Dreadful, is selecting works of flash fiction to be showcased in Penny Fiction, a new feature of our literary journal, From the Depths. Penny Fiction is dedicated to the art of flash fiction.
Summer 2012 Contest Rules:
- Entries accepted by email only (Subject: Penny Fiction)
- Single sentence story under thirty words.
- No theme or genre restrictions. (Rearview Mirror themes earn a star but no special treatment.)
- Previously unpublished works only.
- Type your entry in the body of the email.
- One entry per email.
- Multiple entries okay. One is fine. Four is cool. Twenty is borderline obnoxious.
- Include one interesting fact about yourself in under twenty words. No cut ‘n paste author bios. Undertakers, cat herders and favorite colors earn extra points. If we do not find you interesting, we reserve the right to make you appear more interesting.
- No attachments, cover letters, links, or long lists of previously published work.
- Like us on Facebook. (Not required, but it can’t hurt.)
- Penny Fiction is a “for the love of the flash” project. Authors receive exposure only, no monetary payment. Not even a penny.
- Haunted Waters Press holds publishing rights for ninety days following publication. Copyright remains with the author.
- Entry is taken to be acceptance of these conditions and rules.
Ready to submit? Click the link: